- About TORF
- Strategic Partners
- Our Services
- The Advisory Panel
- TORF Team
TORF aims to encourage, develop, facilitate and support the online rummy operators to adopt a common set of standards and practices with the goal of building a self-regulatory framework that will lead to a responsible industry and protect player interests. TORF also acts as the unified voice of the online rummy industry that works with all its stakeholders for creating the right environment for the growth of the online rummy business.
The key stakeholders of TORF are online rummy operators, online skill games operators, policy analysts, industry experts, economists, law firms, consulting firms, technology providers, service providers, payment gateway, tax consultants and game enthusiasts among others.
- Develop and promote the game of online rummy
- To promote adoption of standards and operating guidelines by online rummy operators and provide accreditation for such standards
- To represent rummy operators in various industry forums and with policy makers for policy advocacy
There are four core areas of emphasis.
- Advocacy on common issues faced by online rummy players
- Represent the industry before both State and Central Governments and be a collective voice of the industry to bring up relevant issues to the concerned authorities
- Help in making vital recommendations on policy matters to stimulate growth of the sector
- Formalizing standards (TORFS) for online rummy business
- Setting up and running accreditation process based on TORFS
- Enroll and encourage online rummy operators to adopt TORFS through accreditation
- Organize periodic audits
- Organize industry events, seminars, summits and involve various business operators, regulatory functionaries and service providers along with other stakeholders
- Educate, create awareness about and promote the online rummy industry, & raise current industry challenges and possible solutions at such forums
- Create awareness about the skill and knowledge required to master the game of rummy
- Offer a common platform
- to meet with other operators in the sector and share experiences
- to represent the industry before various service providers such as banks, payment gateways, online advertisers and others
- to interact with international rummy players, and investors, amongst others
- Build and develop market knowledge
- Conduct business research
- Publish reports on market development and recent trends
- Share industry research publications and TORF body of knowledge (BOK)
- Data bank for service providers and other industry partners
- Update and share expert opinions on legal and tax related issues
He is an advocate registered with the Delhi Bar Council and a member of various councils and governing bodies such as British Association of Sport and Law, International Association of Sports Lawyers, Secretary Indian Premier League Probe, FICCI National Sports Committee, Sports Authority of India, Gaming and Leisure Group of UK-India Business Council, Regulatory Commission of the Indian Super League and International Association of Gaming Advisors and ASSOCHAM’s Sports Committee, among others.
Vaibhav has a unique mix of extensive regulatory and transactional expertise, and specializes in structuring transactions (especially cross-border), and advising on foreign investment/exchange laws, company law, securities laws, TMT laws and gaming laws. He has advised several global corporations on appropriate strategies in relation to investments in India and domestic and multinational clients including cross-border M&A, JV, PE transactions. He has in-depth experience with industry-specific legal and regulatory issues in sectors including gaming, retail, real estate, telecommunications, pharma, education and the financial sector. He regularly advises on policy issues pertaining to the industry and worked with some of the largest online gaming companies in India. He regularly comments in the media on issues of current interest and legal developments related to the sector.
He brings in depth knowledge in risk management, process management and international standards to the table.
He has worked on various advisory and board level positions in the past and prior to this he has worked with organizations like Nestle, Tesco, FICCI.
He has a post-graduation in Marketing and a BA in Public Administration. He is an avid reader, loves to cycle, trek and is a foodie at heart.
She has handled major domestic and international clients in the private and public sector, and helped them to make strategic decisions involving regulated industries and complicated commercial arrangements. She has worked on policy matters and advocacy at both Central and state Government.
Tanuja has managed several industry events and knowledge partnerships. She has worked closely with various industry chambers and associations such as FICCI, CII, PHDCCI and Assocham among others. She has authored various industry research/ knowledge publications.
She is an MBA (Marketing and Finance) and previously worked with organizations such as Yes Bank, Axis and Technopak Advisors.